Saturday, November 3, 2012

SI Manual

Catrena sent this to the group:
-------------------
I was looking at different successful SI programs and came across this SI Manual that is used at Utah State.

http://www.usu.edu/arc/supplemental_instruction/pdf/SI_Manual.pdf

I think we need to work on putting something like this together or at least put together our thoughts/ideas in a manual format to pass on to new faculty, new SIs, etc...

In your spare time (if you have any) please take a look at the manual so we can discuss this concept at our next meeting.  I will send each of you an invite to a Dropbox where I plan on placing the manual and all other readings I come across.  I also started a "responsibilities" list for faculty and SIs that I am placing in the Dropbox.  Feel free to add your ideas to the list as it will be a working document throughout our circle.

Sorry for bombarding you with so much but I had no students show up for office hours today so I did some SI research.
Have a happy Halloween!

Regards,
Catrena

-

No comments:

Post a Comment